Prior to entering the practice of law, Calder gained real-life insider experience in the protection of intellectual property working at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Washington, D.C. While at the USPTO, he researched new and emerging legal issues, particularly those affecting small and entrepreneurial business.
His experience includes:
- Helping prepare successful federal trademark applications and working with the owners to shepherd it through the approval process.
- Educating small business owners and entrepreneurs as to the rights in their names and the products.
- Assessing current and proposed names and labels for federal and state trademark registration.
- Developing cost/benefit analyses of registration for individual names and labels.
- Helping individually prepare applications materials for names and labels.
- Educating businesses as to the federal trademark system to outline “best practices” and considerations for future names and labels.
- Member Ohio Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D.
- Managing Editor, The Ohio State Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal.
- Loyola University Chicago, B.A.